Shri. Bhagwantrao D. More
Former Addl. Director General of Police
Member, Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission, Mumbai
|Former Addl. Director General of Police|
|Date of Birth||09.04.1953|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc (Hon) M.B.A, LL.B, Ph.D|
- TWICE decorated with President of India’s Police Medal
- President’s Police Medal for Meritorious services awarded by the Hon. President of India on 26.01.1995.
- President’s Police Medal for Distinguished services - Awarded by the Hon. President of India on 15.08. 2011 (Second Time Police Medal)
- Insignia awarded by the Director General of Police in 1994 for maintaining excellent track record and performance.
- Top Management Consortium Awards of Excellence 2011-12 - Awarded by Shri K. Sankaranarayanan, Hon’ble Governor of Maharashtra.
- Attended Training Programme on Incident Response System (IRS) and Simulation Exercise Disaster Management Course in January 2013 at Yashada, Pune.
- Attended Incidence Response System (IRS) (Disaster Management Course) at Yashada,Pune in 2012.
- Attended Management Training Programme organized by Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad at National Police Academy Hyderabad and the London Business School (LBS), London (UK) in 2010.
- Attended Strategic Management Programme by Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), Hyderabad in 2003.
- In 2003, participated in National level Symposium of Heads of Police Institutions in Panji (Goa)
- Attended Management in Government course organized by HIPA, Simla (Himachal Pradesh) in 1999.
- Attended Vertical Interaction Course organized by ASCI, Hydrabad in 1995.
- Attended Vertical Interaction Course organized by IIPA, New Delhi in 1995.
- Attended Internal Security Course organized at CISF Internal Security Academy, Mount Abu in 1983.
- Undergone Military Training in Nasik in 1979.
- After joining Police service completed initial training at Nashik and Bhandara (1978-1980)
- Worked as Sub Divisional Police Officer at Miraj and Baramati. (1980-1984)
- After the promotion worked as Addl Superintendent of Police, Aurangabad and Dy. Commissioner of Police, Mumbai (1984 – 1988)
- After the promotion served at various important places
- as Superintendent of Police, Sangli (1988 – 1990)
- as Superintendent of Police, Pune (Rural) (1990 – 1993)
- as Superintendent of Police, Kolhapur and Ahmednagar (1993 – 1996)
- as Dy. Commissioner of Police (Special Branch), Pune City (1996 – 1998)
- as Superintendent of Police, Nashik (Rural) (1998 – 2001)
- Promoted as Deputy Inspector General of Police and worked as Commissioner of Police, Solapur and DIG Special Training, Pune (2001 – 2005)
- Afterwards promoted as Inspector General of Police and was posted as Inspector General of Police (Aurangabad Range) and Jt. Commissioner of Police (Admin), Mumbai City and Inspector General of Police (Kolhapur Range) (2005 – 2010).
- Thereafter promoted to the rank of Addl Director General of Police and posted as Addl Director General of Police (Establishment) State Police Head Quarters, Mumbai and Addl. Director General of Police (Railways), Mumbai (2010 – 2013)
- At Nasik as Supdt. of Police Nasik Rural (1998-2001)
For overall outstanding performance, Nasik Rural District received the award for ‘Best Detection in the State’. Officers were felicitated by the then Hon’ble Chief Minister.
- At Ahmednagar as Supdt. of Police Ahmednagar. (1995-96)
While working as Supdt of Police, Ahmednagar a gang which was involved in the paper leakages of MPSC Examination was nabbed and prosecuted.
- At Kolhapur as Supdt. Of Kolhapur (1993-95)
In Belgaum (Karnataka State) a notorious gang indulging in printing of counterfeit currency notes of Rs.100 denomination was busted and the accused were arrested with machinery and other incriminating articles. For this opertion Kolhapur District Police team was led by Shri. B.D.More personally. During that period the then Hon’ble Prime Minister and the then Hon’ble Finance Minister Shri Manmohan Singh had come to Kolhapur for a programme in the University. On coming to know about this work he personally appreciated Shri. More and his team for this exemplary acheivement.
- At Pune as Supdt. of Police, Pune Rural.(1990-93)
Silver Idols of God ‘Khandoba’ were stolen from the much worshiped temple of Khandoba at Jejuri, Pune District. These invaluable antique idols not only carried a huge price but also carried religious feelings and emotions of lakhs of devotees. Due to excellent team work and hardwork all the idols were recovered and restored under his leadership. Government of Maharashtra specifically appreciated work of Mr. Bhagwant D.More.
- At Aurangabad as Addl. Supdt. Of Police (1984to 1986)
In 1986 at Aurangabad a serious communal riot took place which was handled very firmly and boldly. He was leading the force from front and he was attacked by a culprit with a sword-stick (Gupti). However, the attempt was foiled. He volunteered and gave evidence in the Court in 2001, i.e. almost after after15 years of the incident. The accused were convicted due to the composed Court evidence given by him even after such a lapse of time. The Hon’ble Judge while passing the judgment specifically referred to the evidence of Shri. B.D. More. The then Director General of Police, appreciating this work, circulated the judgment of conviction to all Commissioners of Police and Superintendents of Police of the State for guidance.
- A keen sportsmen participated in volley ball, badminton and received prizes and trophies for the performance.
- Organized various sports, social and cultural activities at the State level.
- Has been actively associated with Old Age Homes and Orphanages
- He has passion for reading, music, sports, swimming and farming.
- Special InspectorGeneral of Police