Shri. M. A. Sayeed
(Former Principal Law Secretary & R.L.A., M. S.)
Member, Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission, Mumbai
(w.e.f. 28 April, 2016)
- Shri M. A. Sayeed has joined as a Member of Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission from 28th April, 2016. He is holding degree in B.Sc. and LLB from Nagpur University. Entered judiciary as a Civil Judge (J.D.) and JMFC in the year 1988.
- Promoted as Addl. District Judge in 1997.
- Posted as Judge in Family Courts of Pune & Mumbai between September, 2003 to February, 2007.
- Posted as Registrar (Personnel & Protocol), High Court of Judicature at Bombay between March, 2007 to 10th January, 2010.
- Posted as District & Sessions Judge at Thane District Court for short period of 3 months from 15.01.2010 to 04.05.2010.
- Appointed as Registrar (Judges & Protocol and Administration) in Supreme Court of India from May, 2010 to May, 2014.
- Repatriated to Parent Department in May 2014 and posted as City Civil Judge & Sessions Judge, Mumbai City Civil Court between May, 2014 to August, 2014.
- Posted as Principal Law Secretary & R. L. A. (M.S.) from 11.08.2014 to 01.08.2015.
- Posted as Presiding Officer, Mumbai University & College Tribunal between 03.08.2015 to 27.04.2016
- Special InspectorGeneral of Police